Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
This is probably a really stupid question, but I simply cannot figure out how to "Print Selection" in Safari. How do you do it?

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
So there's no "proper" way of doing it? I find that hard to believe! Time to write to Apple...

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
Nermal, I'm not sure what you mean by "selection" but what I used to do in OS 9 (print window) is to click and drag to selcet what text I want to print then copy-paste into "Text Edit" or another simple Text app. then print it from there. I have never heard of "Print Selection" as you refer to it.

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Selection, as in the text you select by dragging. It's called Print Selection in Windows, and I can't think of another name for it.

cpjakes

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2003
Buffalo, NY
Provided that you're not looking for amazing formatting but just text with limited graphics, you can select it, use the Safari - Services - TextEdit - New Window Containing Selection menu and there you go. TextEdit will open up a blank document in front of the one that you created, but it is there behind it.

Applications that support a "print selection" are hit and miss on Mac.

cpjakes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.