Printer advice

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by i-sidd, Dec 20, 2006.

1. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

Hi everyone,
    I am planning to buy a Refurbrished MB and I would also like to get the printer with the $100 rebate on the apple online store. But I would like to get some advice from you guys as to which printer should I get. I would like a multifunction printer without fax. I would be mainly using it for scanninf,copying and extensively for printing pictures. I have heard good things about canon printers, but am not sure whcih one to get, price is also an issue, so cheaper the better.Any recommendations

Cheers!!!

2. LeviG macrumors 65816

Me I'd go for the mp600R (not sure on US price went to local uk store) - reason wifi, you dont have to plug in any wires etc to print when at home, much nicer than having to be at a desk to print.

If thats a bit pricey then look at the MP510, thats a newer model and iirc uses the same printing engine as the ip5200 (as does the mp600r I think) which I have and can highly recommend

3. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was looking at that printer the MP600 and with the $100 it will be $99 so I think it is a good deal. I have however one question, how will I be able to use it wirelessly, will I need additional bluetooth devices.

Cheers!!!

4. LeviG macrumors 65816

the us store doesnt do the mp600r (bit daft really considering its on the uk one.

The mp600 is available in 2 versions, the mp600 and the mp600R the later having wireless built in, this is the one youre looking for. Not sure what you can do as its not on the us site