Printer Driver...PLS HELP...cant find!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jayeskreezy, Apr 26, 2005.

1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

Mar 3, 2005
    I have an HP 656c Deskjet printer that I need to hook up to my mac and I have the cd that came with it, but it only works for windows. I also searched online for an updated driver because I got this printer like 2 years ago and I can't find that either. Can someone lead me in the right direction or let me know if there is a fix for that? I just need to be able to print from my mac. Are there some other drivers that will make my computer read my printer just the same? Any and all help is appreciated!
  2. Gee macrumors 65816

Feb 27, 2004
    London, UK
    Have you tried just plugging it in and trying to print?
  3. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 3, 2005
    no unfortunately none of those work...the install cd that came with it doesnt work...oh well... :(
  4. mflender macrumors member

Oct 2, 2004
    Did you look for the driver under HP>deskjet 600 series? It is listed in 10.3's printer setup utility.
  5. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

May 3, 2004
    Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
    yeah the built in HP drivers in the printer set-up utility should do the trick.
  6. homerjward macrumors 68030

May 11, 2004
    fig tree
  7. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 3, 2005
    yeah that works with printing out things in black and white but its not printing out things in color...i dont know what the deal is

how do I get to this?^^^
  8. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 3, 2005
    thanks...i tried that earlier today and it only printed in black and white...i think that the printer just doesnt print on mac outside of blck and white b/c theres not reallly a true driver for it