Printer Ink from Supermedia Store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Artful Dodger, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Has anyone bought ink for their Canon (or any) printer from supermedia store before? I have a Canon i960 and its time for some ink and I found their site and some great prices. :eek:$4.40 for 1 ink cart. or I could buy 6 for $24 (every color I have) and not worry about running out for the holidays.
    I'm just worried about the quality of the ink and also I don't want my printer to get messed up in the process.
    Hope this isn't to good to be true :(

2. cemorris macrumors regular

Dont Do It

My last printer was a Canon which I ended up tossing because I bought off brand ink which clogged it up big time and I could never get it working correclty even after getting Canon geniune ink and doing many cleanings. I would recomend against it.

3. filmmaker2002 macrumors regular

Yeah, off brand ink with Canon printers is bad news. The print heads are specifically designed for Canon brand ink. The reason you get 2 picoliter drop sizes is BECAUSE of the Canon ink. Canon has the most reasonable ink prices on the market, why not just by the real deal? I have bought Canon brand sets of all 6 inks for my i960 on eBay for around $50 if you're looking to save some dough.

4. Artful Dodger thread starter macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

I agree, I wish some of the office stores(Office Depot, Office Max and so on) would discount inks when buying 6 at a time. 10% off is nice but it just covers tax most of the time and i'm not sure about the refill kits either.
    Thanks for the info ;)