Printer Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by movieman76, Dec 19, 2006.

1. movieman76 macrumors member

movieman76

I just recently got a 20" iMac and connected my old printer (HP Photosmart 7550). I've noticed some issues in printing since connecting it.

1- Borders around 4x6 photos is about a 1/2" all around, even when printing borderless.

2- Print quality is no where even close to what it used to be when this printer was connected to a PC. (All 3 cartridges were just replaced.)

Any ideas what the issues may be or any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. 04440 macrumors member

Some printersa don't allow a smaller print.. i would call the customer service... they would answer quickly.. . for free

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Have your properly used Printer Setup Utility to setup your printer?

Have you done File > Page Setup... in your photo editor?

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It sounds as if it's not truly understanding that you have borderless printing available.

Many cameras produce photos in a 4:3 format which will give you 4x5.3 inches on a 4x6 to retain the whole image. If you want it to fill the paper, you will lose some vertically.

5. movieman76 thread starter macrumors member

movieman76

I have run the printer setup utility and page setup. When I try to print through Photoshop or even the HP Printing software I have the quality set to best and 600 dpi x 600 dpi (which is the highest setting shown) I get a little bit better quality but it still has little dots throughout the image. Its not a clean print. When I tried to set it to print a photo or graphic, it will only print out a corner of the image and will be very very light. I'm thinking a new printer may be in order here, but I just don't want to spend the money yet if its just something that I'm doing wrong.