Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

movieman76

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
I just recently got a 20" iMac and connected my old printer (HP Photosmart 7550). I've noticed some issues in printing since connecting it.

1- Borders around 4x6 photos is about a 1/2" all around, even when printing borderless.

2- Print quality is no where even close to what it used to be when this printer was connected to a PC. (All 3 cartridges were just replaced.)

Any ideas what the issues may be or any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2006
Los Angeles
Some printersa don't allow a smaller print.. i would call the customer service... they would answer quickly.. . for free

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
It sounds as if it's not truly understanding that you have borderless printing available.

Many cameras produce photos in a 4:3 format which will give you 4x5.3 inches on a 4x6 to retain the whole image. If you want it to fill the paper, you will lose some vertically.

movieman76

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
I have run the printer setup utility and page setup. When I try to print through Photoshop or even the HP Printing software I have the quality set to best and 600 dpi x 600 dpi (which is the highest setting shown) I get a little bit better quality but it still has little dots throughout the image. Its not a clean print. When I tried to set it to print a photo or graphic, it will only print out a corner of the image and will be very very light. I'm thinking a new printer may be in order here, but I just don't want to spend the money yet if its just something that I'm doing wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.