Printer Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by movieman76, Dec 19, 2006.

1. movieman76 macrumors member

Dec 15, 2006
    I just recently got a 20" iMac and connected my old printer (HP Photosmart 7550). I've noticed some issues in printing since connecting it.

1- Borders around 4x6 photos is about a 1/2" all around, even when printing borderless.

2- Print quality is no where even close to what it used to be when this printer was connected to a PC. (All 3 cartridges were just replaced.)

Any ideas what the issues may be or any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. 04440 macrumors member

Oct 26, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Some printersa don't allow a smaller print.. i would call the customer service... they would answer quickly.. . for free
  3. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    Have your properly used Printer Setup Utility to setup your printer?

Have you done File > Page Setup... in your photo editor?
  4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    It sounds as if it's not truly understanding that you have borderless printing available.

Many cameras produce photos in a 4:3 format which will give you 4x5.3 inches on a 4x6 to retain the whole image. If you want it to fill the paper, you will lose some vertically.
  5. movieman76 thread starter macrumors member

Dec 15, 2006
    I have run the printer setup utility and page setup. When I try to print through Photoshop or even the HP Printing software I have the quality set to best and 600 dpi x 600 dpi (which is the highest setting shown) I get a little bit better quality but it still has little dots throughout the image. Its not a clean print. When I tried to set it to print a photo or graphic, it will only print out a corner of the image and will be very very light. I'm thinking a new printer may be in order here, but I just don't want to spend the money yet if its just something that I'm doing wrong.