Printer printing mumbo jumbo?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gadgetgirl85, Jan 18, 2007.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

For some reason my printer has started printing mumbo jumbo when I try to print out PDF documents. The first page will be normal but then it starts printing nonsense words in place of real ones? It was working fine before. I know its the printer because I tried the documents on my laser and they printed fine

2. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

Is it plugged in via usb? Could it be a driver that needs updating/reinstalling.

3. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Just to chalk one up in the vaguely heartbreaking category, I once worked with an HP Laserjet that would spew out the phrase "unsupported personality" for every page beyond page one of a print job. Every page, in a small font at the top left, it volleyed this accusation against my compassion. What do you do when your printer serves as your most fundamental call to ethical action? Well, get the hell out of IT, to begin with.

As for your problem, viccles, what kind of printer are we talking about? A wired connection or a wireless connection? What steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the problem? Are you printing from Preview, Acrobat, or some other app.?