printer problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by puckhead193, Aug 1, 2005.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I have an HP photosmart 7960. I use it all the time for printing normal stuff out, but lately i've been printing pictures (4x6) when i print out pictures on the sides of the pictures it looks grainy/pixelated. its about an half an inch or so on the picture. the middle looks ok. I don't remember my printer ever printing pictures out like this before. When i bring pictures on normal paper from the web or something it looks ok, but when i print pictures from my camera they look grainy. I looked more closely at my pictures and they all look normal.

I cleaned the printer head and calibrated it, the ink levels are fine, is their anything else i can do or anyone have an suggestions on why this is happening? I think i might need to start looking at new printers. Any suggestions? I was thinking of getting one of those all in ones, but how are those? I was also thinking, since i got an 8 mega pixel camera (nikon coolpix 8800) i was thinking of maybe getting a large format one, but i don't think i will really use it more then 5 times.

Also anyone have a clue on how to print a 4x6 in iphoto, i've been printing direct from the printer using the built in memory card

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

3. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

my brother has that printer and there was a driver bug when printing in 4800 dpi that made the pictures grainy. however, i believe they were refering to the windows drivers. might check out the faq on the hp site.

4. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193