Printer question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pigbat, Feb 25, 2006.

1. pigbat macrumors regular

Jan 18, 2005
    Hopefully this is the right place for this.....

I'm a recent switcher and I have a Canon S520 printer hooked up to a network print server (DLINK). I downloaded an installer package from Canon which is for OS X. After installing the package the driver still doesn't show up when trying to install the printer.

When I go to add the printer it does show up automatically, I just can't seem to find a driver that will work.

Is there something I need to do to get the new driver to show up in the list?
  2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

Sep 26, 2003
    What happens if you connect the printer directly to the computer that you are trying to install the driver from? That print server may be causing you problems. Other than that, I don't have any good ideas. I have always had great luck with Canon printers.
  3. pigbat thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 18, 2005

Hmmmmm... Well that was a good thought and it finds the printer fine and correctly ID's it when firectly connected to the USB port.

For some reason when I try it as a network printer it sees the print queue as a bonjour device but it won't allow me to assign the canon S520 driver to it. Bummer, I may not be able to share the printer as I initially hoped.