Printer rebate

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by xJulianx, Dec 15, 2006.

1. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

I purchased my MacBook on the 1st October, along with a HP Deskjet 5940. I sent off the rebate form within a week of the 1st, and have had absolutely no word from Apple about my £60 rebate.

Any advice on this? I think I shall just ring Apple, but I think it's bad that it's taking them this long to credit rebates.

2. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

did you check your status online

3. xJulianx thread starter macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

No, I've been trying to do this but can't find how to do it. Is it maybe for US customers only?

4. xJulianx thread starter macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

Okay I just phoned Apple and the man I spoke to confirmed that my rebate claim had been cleared and all was well. He mentioned that all rebates undergo a second check, not sure why but procedures procedure I guess.

He then told me I can expect my rebate within the next 4-5 weeks due to an overwhelming backlog and due to christmas. I don't really mind the wait, I'm just happy my rebates on the way :)

5. FireArse macrumors 6502a

Same situation

I find myself int he EXACT same position as you.

I bought a MacBook with the 5940, and I haven't heard from Apple at all. Its kinda weird. I sent the letter recorded delivery, but realised the address was to a UK P.O Box number, so no report as to whether it definately got there or not.

Which number did you call?

F

6. xJulianx thread starter macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

I went onto the Apple UK website and called the aftersales support number. Then followed the directions the computer voice gave me to talk to an advisor. I'm sure you rebate is on it's way aswell, just get to stick it out until January by the looks of things.