printer /scanners

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by 4leaf, Nov 28, 2005.

1. 4leaf macrumors member

hi there,

i want to buy a printer and a scanner. i have an ibook g4..running on panther however i am in the process of thinking of an iMac g5 purchase..anyway, i want a good printer that will print pictures and high end documents like colourful pdfs and stuff.

i also want a scanner that will scan 35 mm negatives and slides (thought the 35mm are more important.

has anyone got any idea on the best brands?i love canon cameras so i can only presume that the scanners and printers they make are good. i could be wrong though. i have read a good review on the canon pixma i6600D.any advice?

obviously as is with everyone im on a budget.also am i right in thinking that the scanner/printer combos arent as good as when you buy them seperate?

2. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I have an Epson All-In-One printer and scanner, it's model CX6600. It's a real nice scanner and printer but, it does not offer a 35mm or slide adapter. There may be be special attachments or universal add-ons but, I'm not exactly sure. I paid around $199 for the unit and it's a very nice machine - in fact I think there are some rebates for it on the epson site. The unit can copy, fax, scan, and print and has the media-card slots in the front which are a nice touch.

Does anyone know of any universal 35mm or slide adapters? Because besides the absence of that this printer would be a good choice :)