Printer with Rendezvous

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by petercw2, Apr 7, 2003.

1. macrumors member

So are there currently any laser printers with this feature available? Or if not now, any work when there will be?

thanks!

2. macrumors 65816

Huh? If you put ANY printer on the X.2 network, rendezvous will see it, that's how it works. You don't need to buy a printer with any special features to use rendezvous.

3. thread starter macrumors member

sorry, I meant bluetooth. I was wanting to go wireless.

4. macrumors 68020

I think I read an article recently (at maccentral?) noting that HP was introducing a revamped line of personal laserprinters that would include bluetooth servers. (Upgrades to 1200 and 2200 lines). They may have also been introducing some inkjets with similar upgrades.

(edited to correct recollection -- it's bluetooth, although I didn't see the actual server on the hp site yet).

5. macrumors 6502a

Billicus

6. macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

even when i turn on printer sharing in the system prefs, my printer never shows up in the rendezvous section of print center. i've even tried using rendezvous beacon to announce the service and still no luck.

7. Moderator emeritus

I believe that Brother is the only printer manufacturer with Rendezvous built into its units, at this moment.