Printing a selection of text

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TheSailerMan, Aug 6, 2006.

1. TheSailerMan macrumors member

Hiya everyone,

I have been a Mac user for just about a year and a half now, and have loved nearly every minute of the Mac experience. However, there was one thing I could do with Windows that I can't figure out how to do (if it's even possible) for the life of me. That one thing is printing a selection of text (from a web page, document, etc.).

Currently, I have to select what I want to print, copy it, open TextEdit, paste the text, then print it.

I would love it if someone could tell me how to print a selection of text, or at least let me know that it's not possible in OS X (though that might change in Leopard).

Thanks.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Try Print Selection...haven't used it myself, but it looks promising. Note that it's PPC only...not sure if there's an Intel version/equivalent. (It appears that you'll be fine with the PPC version, but I wanted to mention it in case any Intel folks see this thread.)

3. reh macrumors 6502a

This still uses TextEdit, but it's a little quicker... Select the text to print, and go to your Services menu to open it in TextEdit (see the screenshot below).

Attached Files:

4. TheSailerMan thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys, both of those really help!

My mom is also looking for a way to print selections, but unfortunately, she has an Intel iMac. I'll show her the "Safari>Services>TextEdit>New Window Containing Selection" technique though.

If anyone else reading this topic has anything else to contribute (especially an Intel Mac plug-in), feel free to do so!