Printing... Airport... Help!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by arcobb, Feb 13, 2006.

1. arcobb macrumors regular

I have a powerbook and Airport express. I'm trying to hook up an HP Deskjet 3900 to it and I can't get it to show up!

When I plug it in directly to the USB on the powerbook everything works fine. Then when I plug it in to the Airport and click on add in the print set up utility it will show the printer and that it is located on the Airport but it wants me to select a printer driver in the "Print Using" menu. It does not show my printer... and the driver that is being used when its plugged in using USB does not show up. Help!

P.S. I had a similar problem with my old printer and the only way I got it to work was to go to a backed up version of my system. I have repaired permissions several times with no luck. Thanks!

2. arcobb thread starter macrumors regular

I can select other in the "Print Using" window and then I wants me to navigate to the printer driver... any idea where the drivers are stored and I can just select it?

3. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

Ive had a similar problem with my canon printer. The reason the drive does not show up in the menu is because the driver for you HP does not support CUPS (network) printing only USB. To get it to work you will need to find the CUPS driver for you printer, through websites like http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/ and www.printfab.net