Printing Fedex labels

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wakerider017, Mar 27, 2007.

1. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Hey guys,

I have always owned PC's in the past and always used the fedex.com site to print labels.

I have stick-on labels that fedex provides me with.

When I print with a mac the label is never centered. It is always a bit too far to the left and a bit too high on the page. I main printer is a HP 2600n, but this happens on all the printers at my house...

Is there anyway to make a preset page to manually adjust how it prints? If I could just adjust the margins all would be well...

Thanks for your help about this serious issue.

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

One thing to try would be to go to Page Setup in Safari (or whatever browser you're using to access the FedEx site) and make sure that the Format for: box shows your printer, and not just the generic "Any Printer". This may help with the margins, etc.

3. wakerider017 thread starter macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Yup it says 2600n.

Odd...

Anyone know of a fix?

4. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

At the page set-up box, click on the "paper size" button and click on "manage custom sizes" at the bottom of the list, which will give you a box for setting the parameters. Click the + button, give it a name "fedex", and set your paper size & margins there, select your printer, and click ok.

Then when you go to print, choose the above settings and you should be fine :)

5. wakerider017 thread starter macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Cool, I set that all up.

But know when I want to print how do I tell it to use the "fedex" setup?