Printing from iPhone to Wireless Printer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by That-Guy, Apr 26, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

I have an Epson Stylus Office BX305FW Wireless Printer which I would love to print to direct from my iPhone using the Native Print Feature built into IOS.

Its not AirPrint compatible as far as I know. There is an Epson Wireless Print App but its really not that great and you can only print certain things from it. :mad:

Does anyone know of any Cydia Apps or Tweaks that will allow me to print direct to the printer over WiFi using the built in IOS print function, without sending it via my computer?

Any help with this would be great :)

Thanks in Advance!

2. macrumors 604

labman

3. macrumors 604

lordofthereef

This excited me. Then I saw it was $10. Damn, that's steep. I am sure it's useful for some people, but I sure won't find myself printing enough from my phone to justify a $10 price tag. Too bad. :(

The frustrating thing is we have an Apple Airport with the laser print plugged directly into the USB port. One would think this shouldn't require a specific printer. :/

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

Have you or Anyone else tried this app? Like to know things work before laying down the dosh :D

5. macrumors 604

labman

yes and yes I wouldn't recommend it if I didn't think it was worth it... reviews on youtube as well. it did used to be much cheaper as I remember.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

That-Guy

7. macrumors 601

8. macrumors 604

lordofthereef

Obviously printing from your iPhone is not a hardware limitation (as is evidence of a jailbreak option). I am not saying that the information doesn't exist if you look for it. What I am saying is that one would think Apple would make this a feature of their $180 wireless router...

9. macrumors newbie

10. macrumors 6502

Printopia!

I use Printopia on my home network. It is not an app for my phone, but for my Mac. It is available through the app store. Any printer my Mac can see and use, my iPhone can see and use, as long as they are on the same network.