Printing in Jaguar with an Epson 740i

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Bmode, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Bmode macrumors regular

Does anyone else have printing problems in Panther with older epson printers? For some reason, my USB Epson 740i will not print Photoshop 7 documents accurately in 10.3.2, I have to bring up Photoshop 6 in classic mode to get a clean pass.

Everytime I print something in OS X, these little dots appear over the entire page, even over the text and picture portions. I've tinkered with the settings, but I cannot eradicate these annoying "dot matrix" looking spots.

Please don't suggest the obvious of buying a new printer...this much is certain, but in the meanwhile, I'd like to figure this out.:)

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

my 740i doesn't print at all in Panther! The computer and printer act as if they are printing, but blank pages get spit out! :(

3. Bmode thread starter macrumors regular

From what applications are you trying to print from. Appleworks 6.2.9, Textedit, and Word print fine for me, it's just Photoshop I have a real problem with.

Try re-assigning your printer in the systems prefs and restart everything, that usually works for me when it gets stuck, which is very frequent!

I also recently found the print settings in OS X that OS 9 has, but it's still not as good as classic mode drivers.

4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

edit: nevermind... it seems that the printer prints just fine in color, but not in black, meaning I'll just try replacing the black ink even though the light isn't on.