Printing in Preview problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thunderclap, Aug 24, 2005.

1. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

This is a problem that's been plaguing me since I upgraded to Tiger. When I want to print a document in Preview only the first page will print. I know this has affected quite a few people from the Apple discussion boards yet the only solution I've seen there is to copy Preview into Tiger from a Panther system. Unfortunately I no longer have Panther installed.

So my question is has anyone found a way to print more than the first page in Preview? I've tried the advanced setting and selecting the page range myself to no affect. And I couldn't find any post here about the issue.

Solutions?

2. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

If you did an archive and install with Tiger Preview 2.1.0 should still be there. Right click on the file, go to open with, and Preview 2.1.0 should be an option.

3. thunderclap thread starter macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

Nope. Did a clean install (formatted and everything).

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

5. thunderclap thread starter macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

Where can I find it?

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Look up Preview and plist in Spotlight and it should take you to /Users/mbuhmann or whatever your mac thinks you're called/Library/Preferences and delete the file called com.apple.Preview.plist and maybe com.apple.Preview.bookmarks.plist too. :)

7. thunderclap thread starter macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

Thanks for the pointing me to the files. Deleted them but it didn't work. :( Still can only print page one. If I try to print any other page I get an error.