Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scollie41

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2003
Charlotte, NC
I have an iBook that I recently upgraded from Panther to Tiger. I also have a Gateway laptop that has a HP PSC2210 attached to it via USB. Prior to my upgrade, I could print fine over my network. Now, I can still access the laptop for file sharing, but using the print utility, I cannot see the shared printer. I have tried numerous things, but most of what I have seen is related to drivers - but I don't think a driver issue is whats causing the printer to not be seen.

Any ideas anyone?

Stephen

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
scollie41 said:
I have an iBook that I recently upgraded from Panther to Tiger. I also have a Gateway laptop that has a HP PSC2210 attached to it via USB. Prior to my upgrade, I could print fine over my network. Now, I can still access the laptop for file sharing, but using the print utility, I cannot see the shared printer. I have tried numerous things, but most of what I have seen is related to drivers - but I don't think a driver issue is whats causing the printer to not be seen.

Any ideas anyone?

Stephen
How did you upgrade? Did you choose the Upgrade or Archive when upgrading? Have you Repair Permissions and such?

If you had to install drivers before, you might have to do it again to insure that they are there.

screensaver400

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2005
Take a look at Gutenprint. I remember that it helped me set up my Epson AIO that was on the network via Windows, but I don't remember exactly how.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.