Printing issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CrackedButter, Nov 7, 2004.

1. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

I have a HP 5150 and I have 2 issues with this thing.

1. HP advertise this printer has having borderless printing, I am having trouble finding this option in order to use it. Does anybody here have this printer and has used the borderless print function?

B. More an issue with OSX I think but when I go to print something and select the quality option, (the menu screen which allows me to print my work in fast draft or best and such) I find it doesn't do as I tell it.

I can set a print profile with a set of built in descriptions of how I want a peice of work printed, selecting such profile will automatically set the work how I want it printed. I have created a profile called "BW low quality". This is so I only have to take 2 clicks to get work printed off the net (i do a lot of research). But I find the profile ignores the attributes I selected and then goes and prints in colour with better quality. No matter how many times I re-select, the options change back or infact just change to something else!

What is going on?

I'd also like to add, has anybody had any success with refills? Beleive it or not, I posted this thread and my printer is lying to me about the amount of ink there is in this colour cartridge. Anybody as before got this printer and used refills with it and had any problems?

2. mmzplanet macrumors regular

mmzplanet

I have the same problem with my Sony Dye-Sub photo printer. Its supposed to print borderless but it does not at all on the mac. Even when I select the option for borderless.

I have yet to find a solution.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Our HP Designjet won't print borderless on any old paper -- oh no.
    It has to be specific HP paper.

Read the manual/help/PDF very carefully. There may be some small print somewhere...

4. CrackedButter thread starter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter