Printing, network, uber-configuration and massive help needed!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by hob, Feb 27, 2004.

1. hob macrumors 68020

hob

Ooooookay....

For SOME reason, I can only connect to my XP box when it's part of a domain on my makeshift Windows 2003 server - called USERS. The box is called HOBPC, and when I go to connect, it wont recognise any of my domain-set usernames...

BUT it will accept a local HOBPC username and password, but only when it's part of the Domain - NOT when it's in a workgroup of its own...

So I can kinda get it to connect to share files, but when I want to print - i hit a problem.

It asks for a username and password but does not let me specify a domain - I need to specify HOBPC, but i think it's making me go for USERS!!

Any ideas? Or how to get it so I don't have to use all these stupid workarounds?!

Cheers

2. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

I have no clue what you're talking about, but do you think it may have to do with privileges and /or file sharing?

3. hob thread starter macrumors 68020

hob

Sorry, it was very late!

Basically, I'm using a workaround that means I have to have all my computers in a domain, but I can't access my computers using the domain passwords, I have to use their local passwords.

But, when I go to print, I can't say I want to use the local account - so does anyone know how I can?