printing on blank CD/DVD media?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shecky, Mar 20, 2007.

1. shecky Guest

shecky

what are the cheap options? they seem really limited (in the USA):

-some of the Epson printers starting with the R260 @ $99
    -some of the Canon Pixma printers, only you need to hack them and buy a tray holder on eBay to make them work; i assume starting about $99 + $20 for the tray
    -i have seen little stand-alone units that do just black text, but the cartridges are very limited and very expensive

what else is there? i really want something that does nothing other than print onto blank CD/DVD media. the epsons sound like after a couple of hundred disks they get very problematic, as well as are total ink hogs.

as far as the media goes, i keep hearing that the Taido Yuden inkjet printable stuff is the best by far, is supermediastore.com reliable?

2. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

3. shecky thread starter Guest

shecky

not sure, but that would at the very least necessitate an external burner and specific media; for relatively decent longevity i kind of want to stick to the taido yuden media and use the drive in my MBP - i hear the lightscribe stuff is not good.

i wish apple would support it internally tho - it would make life easier in some respects for non-critial stuff.

4. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

I use a Sharpie. Fast, cheap and works with any brand of DVD discs! Hoo-hah!

5. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Yeah but I think that we are looking for something that's more like professional silkscreening here. :p :p :p :p