Printing on my G5 via Canon S9000?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mocman, Nov 1, 2004.

1. mocman macrumors regular

I Have been having a Great time on my Powermac as of late. It was a upgrade from the powerbook. I Love it more and more everyday.
    One problem that I have is that I print alot of photos via my Canon s9000. The problem comes when I want to print a borderless 4x6. It has a space on the top and bottom of the picture,what am I doing wrong.
    I would really love to know because I HATE to switch back to my Windows machine just for printing.
    Thanks M C

2. denm316 macrumors 6502

My cannon photosmart printer has the same issue, white bars on both sides, hopefully someone can give you an answer

3. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

Same here.

Well i use a paper cutter, this is not a huge problem for me since i burn the pics on a cd and send it to my local kodak and they seem to do fine. Althou i really want to know how to solve this.

4. mocman thread starter macrumors regular

yea I tend not to lean toward the paper cutter. I have alot of 4x6 frames and do alot of pictures but this seems to be the only prob that I have encountered so far.
    Please post if anyone has a solution. Thanks in Advance

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Is there a newer driver available from Canon? I have an i9900, which followed the S9000 and the i9100 and it prints all sizes borderless. It does mention that the last little bit is printed in 2400x1200 instead of 4800x2400--apparently that same region.

6. unixkid macrumors member

i think it has to do with ur image size. The image ur printing is a differnt aspect ratio then the paper ur printing on. Try croping parts of the image to get it to fit. I have the same exact printer and it print 4x6 borderless with no white bars

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You have a good point. When I'm printing 8.5x11, I have no issue whatsoever, but 4x6 paper requires some cropping. I assumed that the thread starter had already done this and was experiencing another issue. :eek: Not all sensors and film have the same aspect ratio.

8. mocman thread starter macrumors regular

I will see if the cropping will work. I shot all my pics 2272x1704 and just can not figure this one out as a few other people have had the same problem with the 4x6. Thanks and I will see if the cropping works when I get home.........

9. mocman thread starter macrumors regular

Well came home and tried the crop route and still have the lines on the sides. If anyone else has any suggest please post. Thanks In Advance

10. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Yea! I get to help! :)

I have a Canon S900 (same printer, doesn't do the huge paper) printing off of a Airport Express via a USB connector. My wife's PowerBook had a devil of a time printing to it. The problem was printing with borderless 4x6; the image would not rotate properly and left unprinted bands. Multiple printings (about 30!) with different settings and altering the paper orientation did not work.

It is a driver issue. I downloaded the latest S900 driver from the Canon web site. The v2.1.2 driver fixed this problem for me. (Link)

I hope this helps!

11. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

I just noticed that the S9000 drivers are version 1.9.4 -- they may still have the issue. You might want to try the S900 drivers to get 4x6 borderless printing to work.

12. mocman thread starter macrumors regular

Tried the s900 drivers and the same result.......Thanks Anyway....

13. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Hmmm

I bought a Canon i960 recently, and 4"X6" bordeless printing is perfect on my PC. I have installed the latest drivers and the latest version of Canon's photo printing software, Easy-PhotoPrint.

What software are you using to do the actual printing? iPhoto, PS Elements or Canon's Easy-PhotoPrint? Remember, not all software will give you identical results, even although they're all utilizing the same printer driver.

14. mocman thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks again for the reply. I have trouble on the iphoto and the ps elements for the 4x6 borderless prints. I will get the easyprint and see if that will help my problem. I will post the resuts later. Thanks

15. mocman thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Absolut Mac!!!!!!!!!!!! That did the trick..............

16. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Great!

I'm happy that I was able to help you sort it out :)