Printing Paper Organizer

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by kjdenison, Aug 3, 2006.

1. kjdenison macrumors 6502

I am trying to think of an efficient and organized way to store my printing paper. I usually have at least 4-5 different types of paper in my apartment, and I am tired of just leaving them in their ripped up plastic package, or ripped up box. Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

I'm also interested in doing this, as I have various types and sizes of photo paper I print on. I like to keep the paper laying flat, and in a dark area too..

hrmmm

3. kjdenison thread starter macrumors 6502

I walked around office depot between classes today for a long time, and nothing there even sparked an idea. Hanging files in a file cabinet wouldn't work because there is too much paper to fit in a hanging file. A smaller slotted shelf for papers would fit, but then the paper is sitting there collecting dust and taking up a lot of space

4. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

one word...plastics

actually, you might look at some kind of tupperware. I'm sure there's something around that size that would work for you. Plus the air seal will keep the dust off of it, which will help keep your rollers nice and clean...

you might look here
    http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ca...clid=CJD6ooXkxIYCFQJuFQodKVH4gg&cookie_test=1

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

You need a smaller version of a plan-chest — like a filing cabinet with flat drawers — and maybe a better place to look would be a graphics supply place rather than a general office store.

For instance:
    http://www.designsupply.com/cabinetschests.htm

6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Sheet music cabinets work really well, because they let the paper sit flat. Office filing keeps everything vertical and prone to bending.

Desk-type "in" boxes might work out, but most won't hold a whole ream of paper.

7. Lau Guest

IKEA over here do small drawer systems, a bit like a plan chest as Blue Velvet suggested. Like this, only with all the drawers full width.

[​IMG]

You'd have to measure to check it was A4 as I'm not sure, although it's definitely that sort of size.

8. kjdenison thread starter macrumors 6502

This is getting close! It would be nice to see a few different variations, maybe in plastic.

9. kjdenison thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe scrapbookers have thought of something. They use a lot of paper

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Actually, you could just make something. I'm getting there myself with my photo paper.

I mean 1/2" wood with 3" gaps inbetween...like the ikea thing, but open and solid wood?

11. Lau Guest

That would probably work better than drawers, and if you aren't handy with woodworking, you could buy the IKEA one, take the drawers out and use them for something else.