Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
I am trying to think of an efficient and organized way to store my printing paper. I usually have at least 4-5 different types of paper in my apartment, and I am tired of just leaving them in their ripped up plastic package, or ripped up box. Does anyone have any ideas?

Cybix

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
Western Australia
I'm also interested in doing this, as I have various types and sizes of photo paper I print on. I like to keep the paper laying flat, and in a dark area too..

hrmmm

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
Cybix said:
I'm also interested in doing this, as I have various types and sizes of photo paper I print on. I like to keep the paper laying flat, and in a dark area too..

hrmmm

I walked around office depot between classes today for a long time, and nothing there even sparked an idea. Hanging files in a file cabinet wouldn't work because there is too much paper to fit in a hanging file. A smaller slotted shelf for papers would fit, but then the paper is sitting there collecting dust and taking up a lot of space

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
6914708 said:
I am trying to think of an efficient and organized way to store my printing paper. I usually have at least 4-5 different types of paper in my apartment, and I am tired of just leaving them in their ripped up plastic package, or ripped up box. Does anyone have any ideas?

one word...plastics

actually, you might look at some kind of tupperware. I'm sure there's something around that size that would work for you. Plus the air seal will keep the dust off of it, which will help keep your rollers nice and clean...

you might look here
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ca...clid=CJD6ooXkxIYCFQJuFQodKVH4gg&cookie_test=1

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Sheet music cabinets work really well, because they let the paper sit flat. Office filing keeps everything vertical and prone to bending.

Desk-type "in" boxes might work out, but most won't hold a whole ream of paper.

L

Lau

IKEA over here do small drawer systems, a bit like a plan chest as Blue Velvet suggested. Like this, only with all the drawers full width.

35776_PE126674_S3.jpg

You'd have to measure to check it was A4 as I'm not sure, although it's definitely that sort of size.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
Lau said:
IKEA over here do small drawer systems, a bit like a plan chest as Blue Velvet suggested. Like this, only with all the drawers full width.

35776_PE126674_S3.jpg

You'd have to measure to check it was A4 as I'm not sure, although it's definitely that sort of size.

This is getting close! It would be nice to see a few different variations, maybe in plastic.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
Maybe scrapbookers have thought of something. They use a lot of paper

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Actually, you could just make something. I'm getting there myself with my photo paper.

I mean 1/2" wood with 3" gaps inbetween...like the ikea thing, but open and solid wood?

L

Lau

jessica. said:
I mean 1/2" wood with 3" gaps inbetween...like the ikea thing, but open and solid wood?

That would probably work better than drawers, and if you aren't handy with woodworking, you could buy the IKEA one, take the drawers out and use them for something else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.