printing problems

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Inserm-Nantes, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Inserm-Nantes macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've got printing problems with an iMac running MacOS 9.
    I can't print heavy pdf files.
    I'm using a hplaserjet 4000 TN printer.
    First, my mac was set up to use a generic postscript laserjet printer. I could only print 3 pages before receiving a warning about memory. then, I installed the correct driver from HP but this doesn't work better.

What could I do ? How can I sort it out ?

I thought about using ghostscript but I don't really know how it works.

Is the only way to solve such a problem is upgrading my printer with more memory ?

Any helps will be greatly welcomed

Thanks

2. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

Re: printing problems

Sounds like it, i had an old printer about two or three years ago (i think it was an alps) and i had a similar problem, i pgraded it with more memory and it helped it quite a bit.

Also are you using background printing? Because that was sometimes a problem for me printing large files in OS9.

3. hacurio1 macrumors regular

Maybe.....

I Have a HP laserjet 6MP with only 4mb ( I think!!!) and I always have problems when i try to print post-script (either from my mac or PC.) When ever I try postscript I get an error message that the printer ran out of memory while trying to print a 3 page pdf or word doc. I solved the problem by deselecting poscript and using the standard printing method. I'm no expert in printers, but that solved my problem. Hope it works.

4. Inserm-Nantes thread starter macrumors newbie