Printing to Windows Printer from Powerbook

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by CyberBiker, Jan 5, 2005.

1. CyberBiker macrumors newbie

Jan 5, 2005
    I have an Epson Stylus CX6600 connected to a Windows XP computer.
    My Powerbook connects wirelessly to a network containing the XP Computer. I am able to see and access my Windows computer without any problems.

When I try to set up the CX6600 on the Powerbook, my printer is not on the list. It looks as if all of the Epson Printers listed use the "CUPS+Gimp-Print 4.2.5" CUPS driver. Since the CX6600 is an "all in one" machine, I picked Epson Stylus Scan 2000 & Epson Stylus Scan 2500 but cannot print with these selections.

How do I set up my Epson Printer on my powerbook so that I can print on the network?

Searching the archives didn't provide any usable answers.

2. dsharits macrumors 68000

Jun 19, 2004
    The People's Republic of America
    It probably doesn't work because you have the wrong driver chosen. I just looked through the list of GIMP drivers, and yours isn't listed. You probably have to search around and see if anyone has the GIMP driver for the CX6600. I tried to network print with my Stylus Photo 925, and it didn't work until I selected the right driver. I'll search to see what I can find for you, but you may have to wait until they come out with a new driver.

3. chinggoy macrumors newbie

Jan 6, 2005
    pb + xp = hp845c

i have the same inquiry.
    i have a HP 845c connected to my PC running XP.
    to the PC i have a Linksys wireless router (BEFW11S4).

so is there a way for me to print using my powerbook(wireless)?
    hope you guys can help.thanks
  4. Pilgrims Pro macrumors regular

Jan 30, 2003
    I have the same printer. I tried for weeks to get my PB to print wirelessly and was never able to. So I called Epson, and they said that Macs need to be connected through USB to print. So I basically gave up. I think it has something to do with the printer being a All in One. My friend has a HP PSC 2110 and he is not able to print wirelessly.