Printing with a printer on another computer.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DJ OJ, Dec 16, 2006.

1. DJ OJ macrumors regular

DJ OJ

Japan>Shibuya>My House. Unbelievable Ain't it!?
    My mom has a printer connected to her PC, that I constantly need to use. She has bonjour, and obesely I do as-well. We do not have an airport extreme base station or anything like that. Can I just print using bonjour. like the printer that is connected my moms PC can also print over bonjour from my mac. I don't know how to explain but I need help. If anybody understands, then please help.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Well, first, how fat you are has nothing to do with it. :eek: ;) :D

Second, Bonjour requires one of two things to be true:

1) Either both computers must be on the same network. This does not need to be a wireless network, and the switch/router that is involved does not need to be an Apple router such as the Airport Express.

2) Alternatively both computers must have an internal wireless adapter so that Bonjour can make an "ad-hoc" connection between them (essentially, so they can talk to each other without a network).

So, do you have a network? Otherwise, if these are two computers without wireless support that are not networked together, then of course, no, you cannot use Bonjour to print from one to the other.

3. DJ OJ thread starter macrumors regular

DJ OJ

Japan>Shibuya>My House. Unbelievable Ain't it!?
  4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Okay, so if both computers are on the same network, just try it. When you try to print something from a document, the Bonjour printer should appear in the printer list automatically.