Printing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Ross Henderson, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Ross Henderson macrumors member

Ross Henderson

I usually know what I'm doing, but it seems I can't access the extended options of my printer's drivers over my network.

When I plug my printer into my macbook using a USB cable, I get all the options that my printer provides, such as quality control and colorsync.

However, accessing the printer through 'printer sharing' when it's connected to my iMac (PPC) gives me no such options. Even though printing directly from the iMac does give me these options.

Both have the drivers installed, downloaded from the official EPSON site, but not matter how many different ways I add the printer from Printer Setup Utility I can never access these options.

It prints using the standard controls the whole time, but for photo's I have to move close to the printer. which is very annoying. I would be grateful if anybody can give me advice.

Attached Files:

2. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

It sounds like either some kind of permissions issue, or perhaps Epson's drivers are not fully network-capable......

Have you ever tried the open source Gutenprint 5.0 drivers from http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php3 ?

I have found that they provide WAY more options and control functions than Epson's and/or OS X's default drivers do. And being open sourced, I would think they would be fully-network capable......