Printng issues...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by G4scott, Mar 21, 2002.

1. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Ok, since Apple's discussions arent working for me right now, and their kbase printing articles are for stupid people, I've come here to ask my question.

How do you customize a paper size in Mac OS X?

I can go to page setup, and choose from many different preset paper sizes, but I can't specifiy my own. This is REALLY PISSING ME OFF!!! because I have to print out, and turn in notecards tomorrow for school, and i really don't want to have to restart in classic mode just to change the freakin paper size!

I do know that my printer can print to notecards, and I've searched most of everything that Apple gives you, but I still can't find a way to set my own page size.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

2. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Isn't that a setting in apps like AppleWorks and Word, not a printer or system preference?

3. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

I'm using Appleworks, but the only page sizes attributes that I can change are for the margins, not the actual page size. If i go to page setup, then I can change the actual page size, but not to the size that I want it. I also tried print center, but that doesn't do anyting for me.

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

man I wish I had AppleWorks so I could tell u...

in most applications....there is some sort of setting for document size...

it also depends, though, on the ppd of the printer...

but if u have the ability to do it in Classic....for a grade on a project....just do it for now...

what kind of printer is it?

5. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

I am using a HP LaserJet 1200 with a HP network adapter.

I can change the margin settings, so that's how i finally squezed what i wanted onto my 3x5 index cards.

The place where i can change the actual paper size, which is page setup, won't let me customize my own, and that's what appleworks, and most other word processing apps use to determine the paper size.