Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
wasimyaqoob said:
Hey there people,

Does anybody know how you can do Screenshots/Printscreens like you can do on Windows? - Would appreciate it, thanks!

Shift-apple-3 takes a screenshot and places the image on the desktop.

Shift-apple-4 brings up a crosshair and lets you drag a selection which will then be placed on the desktop. Press spacebar and it will cycle through open windows, dock etc.

dogbone

macrumors 68020
Cmd+Ctrl+Shift+4 will allow you to drag over what you want to copy and it will copy it straight to the clipboard.

If you leave out the Ctrl it will copy to the desktop.

Cmd+shift+4 and then hit spacebar will allow you to copy a complete window by clicking on it.

Butters

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2006
UK
Go to your System Perferences > Keyboard and mouse > Keyboard shortcuts

that'll give you a list of what to press and also let you change them to keys that are easier to remember

jsalzer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
Third Snap-n-Drag

I'll third Snap-n-Drag, along with its share-ware accessories (EasyCrop and EasyFrame). They make a great little suite.

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
iphil said:
I use SnapnDrag app more often then the Mac screenshot key combo.. :eek:
I don't use the combo at all anymore :rolleyes:
jsalzer said:
I'll third Snap-n-Drag, along with its share-ware accessories (EasyCrop and EasyFrame). They make a great little suite.
Cool, I have had SnapNDrag for ages, but never tried these. Will have a look at them.

::20ROGERSC::

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.