Prision Break Tonight! :) :)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Zwhaler, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Finally, we get to see what happens when they were trying to escape from the po! I almost forgot that it premiers tonight, but good thing I remembered. I bet theres more than one of you out there who's gonna read this and say "whoa I totally forgot". But anyways, I can't wait. Great show, great first season, and hopefully great episodes are to come! Who else loves this show? Oh and also I'm gonna watch Vanished series premier after Prison Break :D

2. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

3. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

I thought it was a great episode that will lead to a great series.

4. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I watched this show on FX when they did a marathon one Sunday afternoon. I watched every single episode. I dont know what it is with prison shows, but tthis has me addicted. So I guess I'll break my no prime-time tv habit.

5. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Yeah, last night's episode was really good. Although I missed Vanished, can't wait for the rest of the season.

6. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

This episode was awesome. I'm so happy that Season 1 is on DVD, because I missed the last episode from season one, so I don't know how Tbag got his hand cut off and I really wanna see what that's about. This new character will REALLY make the season intersting.

Best thread ever.

7. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

Tonight's episode was awesome. It was sad to see everyone split up. But I can tell this is going to be one hell of a season! With Links son going to jail, everyone going towards the money and the chase.

8. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

AARG!!! warn about it and white out the spoilers!! it's 6:40 on the west coast!!

psh.. easterners..

9. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

Well, what I said was in the commercials anyway. But next time I will.

10. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

11. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Yeah, sad to see the "lads" split up, but they'll be back together at Utah. :eek: :D

12. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Before I post this, please understand I'm not trolling and I do think it was a pretty good show, just a point I'd like to make:

I have never watched Prison break, but the TV I was on last night was recording two show's so I was stuck watching it. It was pretty interesting (except I didn't know the characters and what not), but what I couldn't get over the fact was those two guys go to the court house to break that kid out. As they are escaping the cops just start shooting. Not shooting at tires or much anything really to try to stop the criminals. Just blasting away at the truck...

I just found this hilarious.... I know the guy criminal guy got shot so, atleast there was some point to the shooting. My point is, I probably would have stuck with the show had it not been for that one part.. (i know thats harsh) but come on....

13. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

i like how the writers intentionally put all of the characters in suspensful circumstances. and as bad as it may sound, people actually die and get seriously hurt, which makes the show more realistic. sometimes it's unbelievable but it's just TV

...oh and the prison doctor's hot :)

14. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Why didn't Links just shoot that FBI agent in the elevator as soon as he got his gun. Seriously if you want your son back that bad, just hose 'em :D

15. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

I downloaded every eppisode from itunes, i cant wait to see eppisode 2, season 2 soon on itunes.

16. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

Yea, the problem with that is it would elimiate a lot of the story. 1) they don't have to start planning an escape for the son and 2) the FBI agent would be dead and noone else really is as smart as him, so there wouldn't be like a factor of "Omg, what's he going to do now?!?"

What a great show.

17. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

you don't even need to pay for them for this week or next, titantv is letting you watch them online for free as a promotion as well as several of the new series.

www.titantv.com

18. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

linc, his son and michael would be all up for murder.

i'm presuming they all get off the hook in the end. if they killed the FBI agent, then this couldn't happen

19. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

first off linc is already charged with murder, and it doesn't look like are getting out of it

michael let 6 other cons and his brother into the wild planning the escape, thats going to be major time.

linc's son is up for double homicide and attempted homicide.

tell me how it gets much worse?

20. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

You already escaped prison, you already have been found guilty for murder, so why not shoot the F.B.I. agent? Maybe, must maybe their mindset was "Hey, if we can prove we're innocent, then all might be forgiven." So if they shoot that agent, then there will be no hope for clemency in the end. After all they are innocent, correct?

But then again the plan was to hightail it down to Latin America and open a scuba-shop or something.

21. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

Thanks but i download them to my ipod and watch it on my tv :)

22. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

The first 10 or so episodes of Prison Break season 1 was realistic enough, but the last 5 or so episodes have been so unrealistic, it's absurd. I don't think I can watch 5 or more episodes if the absurdity continues on its present course. Each episode gets more and more unrealistic and far-fetched.

There are so many implausibilities and plot-holes in the script, it's becoming sort of a bore to watch. Five scenes in particular.

1) When Scofield burns his back on the hot pipe, the sizzling sound would have alerted the guy smoking 2 feet away.
    2) When Westmoreland cemented the hole in the break room, it would have left a fresh mark that anyone could see, let alone Bellick.
    3) When the guys attempted the first escape and were blocked by the galvanized pipe elbow, doesn't the stink of 5-6 guys hiding in a small room be strong enough that the officer would have noticed?
    4) Why is the door lock to the infirmary such a barrier for the guys when they could have just bashed it in? Yet they could rip off the steel bars.
    5) A veterinarian re-attaches T-Bags severed hand and is able to get it to wiggle within a few hours? :rolleyes:

23. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

ok well first off, its fiction, and take it as that occasionally a leap of faith is needed even with the best writing. But I can also address some of these things.

1) Have you ever been in a boiler room or something to the effect of where Scofield burned himself, just because we didn't hear large machining noises on the tape (makes it more suspenseful) doesn't mean that they would not have been present. The sound of a boiler / furnace is going to be louder than sizzling skin.
    2) They had that matt to put over the hole didn't they ...
    3) Prisons probably stink to some extent in general all the time (think about hospitals), the guards aren't exactly scent hounds here and the guys probably didn't all have cologne on.
    4) During the riot we learned that those rooms are rather secure because they house drugs and needles and sharp weapon like objects, for that reason no the door couldn't just come down. Bashing in makes noises for guards to hear.
    5) I don't know much about this or how long it would take for various stages of recovery. I know that he preserved the hand properly in that ice and water and again the format isn't taking place over a few weeks per episode and we need development of the plot lines.

well actually I don't think you need the leap of faith for these points ... i think I spelled out the majority

24. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

5) That is some major surgery that a vet wouldn't be able to do. First off, all the muscle bellies that attach the forearm to the hand would have to be reattached by sutures, Second, there's 3 arteries that would have to be sutured to restore bloodflow to the hand, and thirdly, all 3 corresponding nerves would have to be reattached as well, which requires a powerfull microscope.

Even if everything went textbook, the guy wouldn't be moving any of his fingers for at least a month.