Prison Break (TV show)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lexus, Mar 20, 2007.

1. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

So it intrigues me to see that there is no dedicated Prison Break thread where we can discuss the conspiracies etc...(like the Lost thread) . It is quite ironic that I am making one so close to the end of the second season but now is better than never.

2. Chrismcfall macrumors 6502

Absolutely fantastic this week, the best so far in my opinion. I do hope C-Notes home free, but theres never a happy ending in prison break. I like the "Panama" (which actually is Florida) scenes, a nice change of pace/style. Michael ditching Lincoln on the boat? Hmmmmm. Only two episodes left now. :(

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I've been watching Prison Break since the very beginning, and I gotta say it is one of my favorite TV shows. Looking back, I love how the first season evolved into what the show is now, because in Prison Break (unlike Lost, I am sad to say), every single little detail is followed up on later in the show. That is what I like about it... for example there were at least 10 episodes in a row with not even a mention of Haywire (one of the crazy dudes that escaped), but then comes along an episode that gives a total follow up on his situation. I am going to buy all of the DVDs :D

4. Chrismcfall macrumors 6502

It's a shame Haywire went, but there was really no way that his character could go anywhere. I'm hoping Mahone gets sent down for killing who he did, or at least have some decent court scenes. I do like a good bit of a trial in a show :D

5. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

I hate this show very much. I fell asleep. It's so horrid that Jack Bauer's opening act has to be this junker.

6. Jomoma macrumors regular

Jomoma

How can you possibly say that. Get the first season's dvds and watch two episodes. You'll be hooked. It's a great show that keeps you interested, if you can get over some unbelievable plot points.

7. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

First season: pretty good.
    Second season: pretty ****.

Simple as.

8. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

I like the way they finally had The leader (?) of this mysterious company speak. Evidently, this guy is so paranoid that he normally writes everything on a small notepad, thus his name "pad man".

Like everyone else, I'm curious as heck as to just who these people are, and just how much power they've managed to seize, without anyone ever actually knowing it. A lot, apparently. And what is this mysterious project that Mr. Kim is cleared for, but knows nothing about?

Be interesting to see just how this season ends, and what happens next season.

9. Caezar macrumors 6502

I do enjoy watching the show (I just reached the 13th episode of season 2 last night), but I have to say the scenario is very predictable. The death of Lincoln's father and the turn of the secret agent against The Company were written on the wall.

Worse, the acting is at times awful. I mean, the wife of the CO that was gutted by Bagwell in prison was unbelievably terrible. Even for a small role like hers, I think the producers should be able to find better actors.

10. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Deep down Prison Break and 24 have exactly the same storyline (well, 24 in the last three series anyway); Crazy, insanely rich, irreparably corrupt US megalomaniacs in control of the puppet US administration who stop at nothing to further their own aims, money and power.

Just like real life when you think about it ;)

I'd like to see Michael go for the top brass, that's all they can do in Season 3. Can't see it going on much longer than that, although Fox will probably find a way....

11. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I love this show, but there are certain instances that I wish didn't happen. Before Michael went to Foxriver, he went to an awful lot of trouble to get those tattoos all over his upper torso. Then, he had to get a large section of the tattoos burned off his back by that steam pipe. It just seems like such a waste; it bugs the hell out of me. :mad:

Nothing ever seems to go right with Michael Scofield. I wish he could catch a break at some point in the series. I wish to God that Michael and Sara are finally free at the end of the series and end up in the sack. :p

12. Chrismcfall macrumors 6502

Are you watching the same S2 as me?! Its got a lot better after the hiatus, which if you're watching on Five, you wont have seen yet.

I watched it today, and my god what an episode! I really do hope Sara doesn't go down now, with Paul testifying for her. Quote of the episode? Bring It Bitch! :D

Not much of a cliffhanger really, even though the Lincoln situation is good. I hope Sucre gets with his girl, because Bellick cant really tell him now. And T-Bag's going down as well:D I watched the trailer today for next week (Why that cant be left in torrents i really dont know) and It looks good. Mr Kim seems to make a return, hopefully he gets a good kicking like last time, hate him.

13. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

One thing about last night's episode:

When do they have the time to keep their buzzcuts short? I'd think I want to grow my hair out if I was on the lam.

Just another of the billion plot inconsistencies in the most frustratingly vexing shows on TV.

14. Chrismcfall macrumors 6502

Based on the Prez's resignation, it's been 14 days, so they're hair wouldnt grow that much I think.

15. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

I LOVE prison break!!! Downloading the 2nd last episode now (Fin Del Camino). I can't live without Prison Break:D :cool: :) ;) Season 3 is starting in August I think:) :) :)

16. Chrismcfall macrumors 6502

Should be! S2 did. I do love being this far ahead with PB, compared to my Uk mates, who have only just found out what Bolshoi Booze meant.

17. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

Good observation.

Ever watch the original "The Fugitive" series, that starred David Janssen? That show had all sorts of little things like that. How did Dr. Kimball:

-get new clothes every week?

-always manage to be clean shaven, and appear to have just come from a barber shop?

-always seem to have cash for a meal at a diner, or maybe a cab ride? On some episodes, he managed to find employment, but always with no questions asked. Good trick for early 60's.

-Never, ever, get recognized at said Diners?

-Manage to meet sympathetic women every week? I'd really like an answer to that one. :confused:

Another series that had some of the same questions was Route 66 How did those two guys manage, riding around the country with no jobs, but never being short of cash? Ahh, the magic of tv.

The buzz cut question is one thing. I love the show, but I'd like to know what happened to those friends of Mike and Linc's dad that seemed well-organized, well-armed, and ready to take down the company. They just,,,plain,,,,vanished.

Of course, the biggest question on the show is,, just who is "padman", and just how much power does he have?

18. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I always think of the same thing while watching Lost...

19. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

I just realized something: Doesn't the character we know as "Pad Man" bear a strange resemblance to former Tyco CEO and current prison inmate
    Dennis Kozlowski? :eek:

20. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

21. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I believe his name is "Note Pad" isn't it?

22. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

If he can talk why does he write on the pad?

23. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

Apparently, he believes he is under constant surveillance by sophistacted listening gadgets. There was internet chatter as to whether he could speak or not. He can, it was learned a few episodes ago. He met with Mr. Kim in a small boat on a lake. He explained to Kim that he could speak here, because the sun position at that time, and at that place dampened all listening devices, or something like that.

In that scene, Mr. Kim was frisked head to toe, before being taken to the boat. Guess Pad Man is more paranoid than the Emperors of ancient times, you know, the ones who had their food taste-tested before they ate it themselves.

I suspect we have not seen the last of:

Caroline Reynolds.
    Warden Henry Pope.
    Those people who were working with the boy's father to bring down the company. They seemed too well-organized to simply disappear.

24. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

So next season is going to be about breaking out of prison again. lol

25. lexus thread starter macrumors 68000

lexus

HAHAHAHAHA