Pro DVD authoring Software?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Mojo67821, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Mojo67821 macrumors regular

I am a former Windows user. I have an awesome program called "DVD Lab Pro" for Windows that gives me full control over DVD authoring.

Now that I'm using a Mac and Final Cut, all of my files are quicktime which is giving me problems with compatability when I try to use them in windows. It can be overcome but it would be a lot easier if I could get a program for my Mac.

Does anyone know if a reasonably affordable pro dvd authoring program from OSX (universal) ?

2. Apple2Mac macrumors regular

Apple2Mac

3. Mojo67821 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. That program looks awesome.

I already have Final Cut Express though and can't afford the whole studio... are there any standalone apps?

4. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

Only iDVD from Apple. Adobe has Encore

5. corywoolf macrumors 65816

corywoolf

Unless you are using a MacIntel, pick up a copy of DVD Studio Pro 3.0. It hasn't changed too much over the years. Then you can upgrade from it too the whole suite at a nice discount when you get the cash.

Edit: better yet... buy Soundtrack Pro (stand alone) on eBay and upgrade to the whole suite for $199!

6. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

you should be able to upgrade from FC Express to FC Studio

7. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Isn't Encore for Windows only?? I see no mention of Mac on Adobes system requirements

8. corywoolf macrumors 65816

corywoolf

Adobe announced that they are bringing back the entire production suite to the Mac in 2007. So eventually he will have that option.

9. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Ive never actually used this software so I am unsure as to how well it works and if you have true control over all the DVD options, but Toast may be an option.

10. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

Toast allows you to add basic DVD menus, but from what I can tell from briefly using it, there's MUCH less control than in iDVD.