Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaguarx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2003
London
I'm buying a Mac Pro in a fortnight or so, I was planning on getting a 23" Cinema Display but after hearing so many horror stories about the 23" I'm reconsidering my options. Does anyone know what are comparable monitors in terms of size, colour accuracy and price? Who makes monitors at that level? Samsung? Sony? I looked at the Sony SDM-P234 but at an extra £400 I'm not sure it's worth the cash.

iJaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2004
I'm buying a Mac Pro in a fortnight or so, I was planning on getting a 23" Cinema Display but after hearing so many horror stories about the 23" I'm reconsidering my options. Does anyone know what are comparable monitors in terms of size, colour accuracy and price? Who makes monitors at that level? Samsung? Sony? I looked at the Sony SDM-P234 but at an extra £400 I'm not sure it's worth the cash.

I've heard that Barco and Eizo are great and professional, not sure about the price though, might be a bit high.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.