Pro Tools 8 & Waves Plugins under SL

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by stoox, Aug 29, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Jul 6, 2008
    Has anyone had any experience running these under snow leopard.
    i know they aren't really supported yet.
  2. macrumors member

Oct 27, 2006
    Portland, OR
  3. macrumors 6502a

Aug 6, 2007
    Check out the Digidesign forums...

Under HD/LE/M-Powered Mac subforms, you'll find some SL threads, and you'll find some people who have tried it.
    From what I've read, I believe it worked alright for them. Don't know if anyone has tried Waves stuff on SL though.

If you're between projects, you could make a backup of your system now and give it a shot.

I'm personally holding off until Digidesign says we're good to go and we're one or two patches into SL.
  4. macrumors 6502

Dec 12, 2008
    I tried PT8 LE today on Snow Leopard just to see how it handled it. PT won't open a session from the start option, though I was finally able to get PT to start a new session. I was able to then open a session, but it was seriously screwed up. All of my inputs were...well, it was just a trainwreck.

Digi said PT8 was unsupported with Snow Leopard, but I had to try it anyway. As usual with Avid, don't expect it to work and you won't be disappointed.
  5. macrumors 6502a

Oct 3, 2007
    So far, no problems with either Pro Tools 8 or any of my Waves plugins. George Massenburg says all his stuff is compatible (for now) with 10.6 also, but I bet he uses mostly (all?) MDW plugins in his PT rig.
  6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 6, 2008
    so as far as i can tell its like a 50/50 shot.

i want to upgrede.

i hope they support it soon...
    i might give it a try here soon.
  7. macrumors newbie

Dec 22, 2009
    Waves V7 is fully supported with 10.6.2

Waves Plugins under the version 7 (the new one) is fully supported with PT 8 under Snow Leopard 10.6.2
  8. macrumors 6502a

Aug 6, 2007
    Waves V7 along with PT 8.0.3 :)