Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vrocko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2006
I just got my new 24" imac and while I was starting up I went ahead and updated to os 10.4.8 and pro tools loaded but when I tried to open it the screen went dim ans said that my computer needs to be shutdown (improperly) so I did but the problem keeps occuring

danhig123

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2006
Pro Tools is not yet officially compatible with OS 10.4.8. It looks like you will have to wait for a PT update for compatibility.

You should never upgrade your OS without checking your softwares compatibility first. It is a mistake I would imagine you won't make again.

Hopefully an update wont be too long in the pipeline.

Danny

chasemac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2005
In a house.
danhig123 is right about updating so soon but I am running PT LE 7.1 with the the new os update and it runs fine so far on my system(PPC). What version of PT are you running? Also, based on the error you are getting, it is very familiar to a problem with the RAM. Any third party RAM added to the new iMac? You still may need to wait on an update though.

JHacker

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2006
East Coast
Mine works:

Do you have Pro Tools 7.1.1 cs1?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    183.8 KB · Views: 83

vrocko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2006
pro tools 7.1

chasemac said:
danhig123 is right about updating so soon but I am running PT LE 7.1 with the the new os update and it runs fine so far on my system(PPC). What version of PT are you running? Also, based on the error you are getting, it is very familiar to a problem with the RAM. Any third party RAM added to the new iMac? You still may need to wait on an update though.

this is my set up
24" imac 2.33
3 G Ram
pro tools 7.1 with 002 rack

I just got my computer yesterday so being so fresh I just reinstalled os 10.4.7
and later I will try it all over again

P.S all my upgrades are directly from mac

JHacker

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2006
East Coast
vrocko said:
this is my set up
24" imac 2.33
3 G Ram
pro tools 7.1 with 002 rack

I just got my computer yesterday so being so fresh I just reinstalled os 10.4.7
and later I will try it all over again

P.S all my upgrades are directly from mac

Did you see what I told you? You need Pro Tools 7.1.1.

danhig123

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2006
Yeah thats another thing to check - I know it sounds stupid, but make sure you have actually installed the Intel version of PT. I made that schoolboy error when I first installed PT on my new Intel Mac... and it immediatly gave me the curtain of doom everytime I tried to run it. If you bought an upgrade to the PT software it should have come with windows, PPC and Intel installer CD's. make sure you installed the right one!

Danny

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.