Pro Wrestling Icon Ultimate Warrior Dead at 54

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by RawBert, Apr 9, 2014.

1. macrumors 68000

RawBert

Eighties kids worldwide mourn.

[​IMG]

2. macrumors 68040

He was my favorite wrestler as a kid. I actually meet him and Macho Man at the same time at MSG. I remember their necks were as thick as tree trunks. Steroids definitely caught up to both of them. :(

3. macrumors 68020

jbachandouris

Live fast, die young...apparently.

So sad.

4. macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

More so, he appeared on RAW the night after Wrestlemania and addressed the crowd...

Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever.

The next day he dropped dead. Blimey.

5. macrumors 6502

It's almost like he knew something bad was about to happen.

6. macrumors 68000

phrehdd

RIP Warrior.

I saw this guy in a match when I was in Los Angeles. A friend took me to see the wrestling show and Warrior put manager Bobby Heenan into a weasel suit. This was my one and only experience with seeing wrestling live. The show was entertaining and as much, the audience itself that cheered on and on for the Warrior and various other wrestlers.

7. macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I thought he retired in the early 90's. When it was still the WWF. That's when I stopped watching wrestling. Although I had to watch it a few times in the late 90's since some friends in high school still watched it. Up until that point I thought only children watched wrestling.

8. macrumors G3

rhett7660

RIP...

Loved this guy as a kid, more so than Hulk Hogan. Very sad indeed.

9. macrumors 68030

Mr. McMac

RIP fellow human.....I have no idea who this guy was.. That said, it sucks when someone 12 years younger than me dies. It makes me feel mortal, very mortal :(