Problem Accessing A Single Website Suddenly (Important Site)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mileslong, Jun 2, 2005.

1. mileslong macrumors 6502

mileslong

i really need your help guys. i have a mortage website that uses tickers from another website. these tickers provide daily market data and calculators and rates etc.

suddenly my computer wont access the website of the people who supply the tickers! the page comes up but no tickers! it wont access their site at all so the tickers wont work obviously. i have a national tv commercial starting today and i know my site will get hits, it apparently isnt affecting other people just me and my computer!

now my computer has blocked me from accessing this one website, no others! how did this happen? how can i fix it? i was thinking about deleting all temporar internet files but im new to mac and havent figured that out yet.

any ideas guys?!

thanks!

ps. i have tried every browser i have, nothing, their site is blocked on my computer...

2. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

hey,

it might help if you give us the address of the site you're trying to access and others can try it..?

:)

3. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Have you tried it logged in as another user, jsut to make sure the problem is with your computer, and not just with your user?

4. mileslong thread starter macrumors 6502

mileslong

here is the address. i have had others try it already and it worked for them.

http://www.mortgageleadguide.com

it seems that only my computer has it blocked...

5. mileslong thread starter macrumors 6502

mileslong

well its too late to not sound like a complete wanker so i will just go ahead and tell you that i dont know how to sign in as another user... :confused:

6. emw macrumors G4

emw

Assuming you're an admin on your system, go to System Preferences > Accounts and create a new user.
    Log out of your account and into the new one (or better yet, enable Fast User Switching and simply switch over to the new user).

You could also delete any cookies for that site (Safari Preferences > Security > Show Cookies) and see if that helps.

7. mileslong thread starter macrumors 6502

mileslong

fixed!

okay i went in FFox and delted the cache and it fixed the problem. that is so weird, learn something new everyday. now i know how to change users as well.

thanks for the help everyone, you guys are the best!

8. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

i'm glad you got it sorted. good luck with everything!