Problem Adding Videos

Discussion in 'iPod' started by fynnshark, Feb 15, 2007.

1. fynnshark macrumors newbie

I just got my ipod video and im testing it out. Im trying to load some vides in and i keep getting this message in itunes. ( i cant even put the videos in itunes).

I know that the formats are correct. The file i am trying is already in mp4 format. I dragged and dropped. I went to Files, Add to Library and nothing works. Pls help :(

I tried downloading some free video podcast from itunes and this is the error message i get.

The error message I get is

Code:
    There was a problem adding "xxx" to Itunes.

The file may be corrupt, or a fule type that iTunes cannot play.
    I'm running mac os 10.4 and itunes version 7.0.2 :confused:

2. fynnshark thread starter macrumors newbie

I've called the Apple Help Centre 3 times and the problem still isn't resolved.

First i was told that i need the files to be in a certain format. Then I am told i have to update my OS version (now running 10.4.8) and the last phone call, the helpline told me to create another account to see if it works.

Well it doesn't.

Its real hard trying to get this fixed. Has anyone encountered this before? :confused:

3. Dr Who macrumors newbie

I had the same problem to start with. I fixed it by using a fantastic little program called iSquint.

If you use this to convert your video to iPod format you should have no problem.

4. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

It may seem your video is compatible, but it isn't (I had the same problem to start).

Use Handbrake, iSquint, or Quicktime Pro to make your videos iPod compatible...

5. fynnshark thread starter macrumors newbie

For the record, the problem was fixed by updating ALL my software. Quicktime was one of them. The bug was fixed and I didnt have to reinstall my iTunes (so yay! not too bad for the tech idiot)

And Thank guys! I used iSquint and managed to convert a home video to load into the iPod. Absolutely thrilling to be able to carry it around with my iPod. :)

Just read about Mac The Ripper on this site. I'm going to try that out in a bit.

I'm So happy i have an ipod that works! YAY!!!!
    :apple: :apple: :eek: :apple: :apple: