Problem after updating Acrobat

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tech4all, Sep 25, 2006.

1. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

I did an update to Adobe Acrobat (6.0.1) and now when I go to open the application I get this window saying:

Well I went to the International section under System Preferences, but I have no idea what to do. Any ideas? :confused:

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

The most current version of Acrobat Reader is 7.0.7. Are you on an old Mac or something? Or just use Preview for PDF's, I just made the switch (to Preview) and it's harmless.

3. tech4all thread starter macrumors 68040

tech4all

I have Adobe Acrobat Professional, not the (free) reader. Sorry for the confusion. I was just updating some apps today and decided to update that one as well and then this happens :( I don't need it at this time, but would like for the app to open. Hopefully I don't have to reinstall it from the CD to go back to 6.0.

oh btw, running a Power Mac G5. Not that old, but maybe a little old when compared to the Mac Pros ;)

4. tech4all thread starter macrumors 68040

tech4all

Problems reinstalling app

I've tried reinstalling Acrobat via the install CD. Now I get this error message saying:

I really regret doing that update now. If I could just rollback to 6.0 that would be great. Didn't think I would run into so many problems trying to reinstall it. I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas? :confused: :(

5. nolaarchitect macrumors newbie

Problem after updating Acrobat

tech4All, I am having the same problem. I updated Acrobat to 6.0.1 on my one month old Macbook Pro with Leopard. I have tried making changes to the language preferences in the International Systems preferences, but to no avail. I'd love to hear the fix for this.

6. Bellabie macrumors newbie

I've had the same issue. Please help!
    (Yes, Preview is there, luckily, but I should hate to waste space on something purposeless...)
    b