Problem: Bluetooth Keyboard

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by gwe, Nov 16, 2003.

1. gwe macrumors newbie

Hey guys

thanks for reading this post:

I bought a bluetooth keyboard and mouse recently. Although it doesn't happen all the time, sometimes when I type, a key starts repeating i self on the screen even when I'm not hitting it. After a while, it stops, especially after I hold down the delete key.

Anyone have the same problem too? Know of a fix? Let me know directly.

Thanks everyone!

Ciao
    Alex

2. orl2222 macrumors newbie

Check your keyboard settings in system preferences. Go to mice and keyboards, click on the the keyboard tab, adjust your key repeat rate, and delay until repeat. I do think that adusting these settings towards the middle should help.

Cheers!

3. switchedanhappy macrumors regular

this happens to me only when i am far away from my machine. i tested it from the basement to the second floor and that is what happened. perhaps your signal is somehow being interupted.

4. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Its because the computer is losing the signal from the keyboard... try sitting closer or making sure there is little interference in the room (like 2.4ghz phones, microwaves, etc).

5. Finiksa macrumors 6502a

Finiksa

If you have Apple internal bluetooth or D-link DBT-120 make sure your bluetooth module's firmware has been upgraded. Available here.

Of course update your bluetooth software to version 1.4.1 too.

6. Icekey macrumors member

I remember someone posting a similiar issue somewhere, I think i twas the Apple discussions. What he did was basically took it to the nearest Apple Store, tried to use it on one of their machines, and since he was able to replicate the issue on their computer as well, got a straight off replacement on the spot. Might want to do that