Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

csmith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
I have read questions others have had about recording a CD from a Finale music notation file (Finale 2006d). One answer was to save the file as a wav or aif file in iTunes; then burn the CD from iTunes.

I was finished with an orchestra work. After saving it to iTunes (using the Save Special feature on Finale), I moved it from the Source column to the next column to the right on iTunes. Then I inserted a CD and burned it. The CD will play on my iMac G5 or on my wife's Dell PC, but it will not play on any CD player, in a home or in a car. What is the problem? Can it be solved?

A week later I had made some significant changes in the music score in the Finale file. I removed the first file from iTunes and saved the new one, but this time nothing showed up in iTunes. I have tried several times, but I cannot get the new file to appear in the Source column in iTunes. I restarted the computer, but that did not help. Can anyone help solve the problem? --csmith

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
one way that i've gotten a finale file to work on a music CD was to use recording software set up to record audio output from inside the computer. i'd hit record then play the midi (finale) file. after the song was done playing, i'd stop recording. if there was too long of a blank spot at the beginning or end, i'd delete those spots then just burn the recorded file on to a music CD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.