Problem burning files.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Declan, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Declan macrumors member

I have just switched to OS X after 19 years as a PC user, and need help burning files natively. When i drag a file to a CD and burn it, the next time i insert that CD, i no longer can add files. Is multisession not possible under native burning, or will it always finalize the CD. Help, please as i am wasting CD's, and though probably simple, i am new to the MAC..

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

It depends...on which version of Mac OS X you're using.

The behavior of disc burning depends on which version of Mac OS X you are running. If you are running Jaguar or earlier, you must use Disk Copy to create multi-session CDs. If you are using Panther, the Disc Burner application creates multi-session CDs by default.

3. Declan thread starter macrumors member

I have panther and have not altered any of diskcopy/burners options but both times i have copied a single file to a CD, upon re-inserting the CD it will not allow futher burning, so it seems to be finalizing the CD.

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Weird!

I'm stumped. I don't know why Panther is doing this when Apple said it burns multi-session CDs by default. I haven't tried doing that yet, so...

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I just tried it on my 10.3.1 system, same problem.