Problem connecting iPod to TV

Discussion in 'iPod' started by haleyvan, Jun 19, 2006.

1. haleyvan macrumors regular

hey everyone, i have a 30 GB video iPod and a really really old TV - so old that it doesn't even have the red, white, and yellow holes to plug in a DVD player. Because of this, I have had to invest in an rf modulator which has those three holes, plus antenna in and tv out holes to connect a dvd player (or some other device) to the tv in order to watch movies. I figured I would be able to connect the ipod the same way through the modulator, but i don't get video or sound. When i plug it into my roommate's tv (which is much newer), i get sound, but no video. HELP!

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

If you're not using an Apple supplied cable try swapping around the three connectors, I know when I use my SOny camcorder cable, I have to switch them around and use the red one for video instead of the yellow one. Try plugging th connectors in one by one into the yellow jack on the modulator and find the one with video on it and then plug in the two remaining connectors into the audio ports.

B

3. haleyvan thread starter macrumors regular

i switched the yellow and red cables and i get a picture and sound, but now the picture is in black and white! any more suggestions as to how to fix THIS problem now??

4. ilovemyibook macrumors regular

Plug the red RCA plug into your TV's yellow RCA jack
    Plug the yellow RCA plug into your TV's white RCA jack
    Plug the white RCA plug into your TV's red RCA jack

I Hope This Helps.

5. haleyvan thread starter macrumors regular