Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macartistkel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Portland, Oregon
I have a problem...my 23" screen did not come on--it is all black (although the little tiny hole light is blinking on it). It is powered up because the keyboard and mouse are plugged into the 23". However, only the 20" display is showing everything. What should I do?? Is something wrong with the display? Is there an order in which the these displays should be plugged into the video cards? So not liking this right now.:(

techster85

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2006
Lubbock, TX
I think that the 23 has to be in the 1 slot and the 20 would have to be in the 2 slot. What computer/card are you attempting to use them on?

macartistkel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Portland, Oregon
I think that the 23 has to be in the 1 slot and the 20 would have to be in the 2 slot. What computer/card are you attempting to use them on?

Oh thank you for the suggestion--my computer is a new Mac Pro! I will try what you suggested (but I pretty sure that is how I had it). Oh but wait, there is one thing I noticed...there is not enough firewire ports for both of the displays. I didn't even plug in the firewire port for the 20" and it is the only one working. ???

macartistkel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2005
Portland, Oregon
Oh thank you for the suggestion--my computer is a new Mac Pro! I will try what you suggested (but I pretty sure that is how I had it). Oh but wait, there is one thing I noticed...there is not enough firewire ports for both of the displays. I didn't even plug in the firewire port for the 20" and it is the only one working. ???

OOPS, MY BAD...I had the wrong power adapter for the 23"! I fixed the problem just now!!! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.