Problem in FCP

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Bob Jovi, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Bob Jovi macrumors regular

Hello,

I've been putting a piece together in FCP and have had problems as everytime I import a clip into the timeline I have to render the audio.

In the browser it says that the sequence settings for audio are 2 outputs, but the settings for my clip are 1 stereo. Could this be what is causing all the problems? and if so how do I fix it?

thanks

2. Mydriasis macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

No, stereo means two channels.

But it sounds like the audio that you are importing does not match the audio in your sequenze. You need to change the audio format of your sequenze so that it matches that of your video clips.

3. -DH macrumors 65816

If it requires rendering, there's a 99% chance that the clip's settings don't match those of your FCP Sequence settings. Typically FCP's setting are for AIFF, 48khz, 16 bit. Check your clip and see if it matches.

>>settings for audio are 2 outputs, but the settings for my clip are 1 stereo<<

1 stereo = 2 output. That's what stereo is.

-DH

4. Mydriasis macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

Two idiot, same idea!

But I was faster, hihi. :p ;)

5. Bob Jovi thread starter macrumors regular

yes I'm aware that stereo means two.

all the formats are the same in the browser, so I'm not sure what the problem could be still be. it's just I can't be dealing with having to render after every edit.

6. -DH macrumors 65816

They may be the same in the Browser, but do they match your Sequence settings? Also, try increasing your RT Audio Mixing in preferences.

-DH

7. Bob Jovi thread starter macrumors regular

cool I'll give it a go when I get home. Oh if only I had a laptop!

8. Mydriasis macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

FCP can deal with any audio format supported in QT. But can only work with uncompressed AIFF and WAVE directly (play it without having to render)!

You need to change your audio to uncompressed AIFF or WAVE.

Sometimes FCP acts up if the audio settings of your footage do not match those of your sequence! Then you need to either change the audio or the sequence settings so that the two match, the latter is much easier.

Audio rarely causes this problem. The video setting of your sequence, however, always have to match those of your footage, if you dont want to render everything. This is a very common mistake, often asked about here.:)