Problem in iMovie - Ghost audio

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kaiser Sose, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Kaiser Sose macrumors newbie

Hey guys...been a mac owner for about four months now and I'm loving it. But I am having a bit of problem with one of the iLife programs.

When I'm working in iMovie, if I add an effect (most commonly a transition like a fade out) to the end of a scene, I'm getting random snippits of audio being laid over the effect. Audio from earlier in the scene or sometimes even from other clips are ghosting there way in and its totally buning up my nice fade-outs.

It wasn't happenign earlier in the project but now that I am at the 15-20 minute mark, the app seems to be acting pretty sketchy...

Any tips or hints...

PS I have no access to any Mac stores or geniueses as I'm Ottawa Canada and the closest Apple store is 5 hour drive away...

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

i used to have this problem myself when i was on my macbook with 512mb ram (standard:eek: ) try exporting the project to Mov and see if it's on the final cut

may just have been a glitch on mine but since i upgraded to 1gb no more problems :)

3. Kaiser Sose thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I'll export it as test version tonight and I'll see what I get. I'm running it on 2.0 ghz macbook with 1 GB RAM so RAM shouldn't be the problem...