Problem in ms word

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CaptainCaveMann, Mar 5, 2005.

1. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Why am i getting lag when i type fast? When i open a new word document and i type fast, it seems the letters take about a second to catch up.

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

On what Mac? With what specs? With which OS? With how many other apps open? You definitely need to provide more info..

3. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

Turn off the live word count. That seemed to help a little bit for me.

4. CaptainCaveMann thread starter macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

1.2 12 inch ibook, 256 ram, panther osx, itunes open. Anyone know why this is happening?

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

1) 256 is not a lot of RAM and both MS Word and iTunes are RAM hogs.
    2) And if you try it without iTunes open?
    3) Try iLikeMyiMac's suggestion..
    4) Which version of MS Word? Word X or Word 2004?

6. CaptainCaveMann thread starter macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

The new version, i just bought the student/teacher edition at the Apple store yesterday.

7. mpw Guest

I had this problem using Office v.X on an iBook with 384MB RAM I now use same program on a new iMac with 1GB RAM which has cured it. Cant's say if it's the speed bump or extra RAM that helped or a bit of both.

8. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

I got an iBook as well the 1.2ghz and have 768mb of ram. There is no slowdown, so i guess the ram does help.

9. zzzuppp macrumors member

Can I hitch a ride on this thread with a similar problem? The same thing happens on our Mac (450 mhz PowerPC G4;OSX 10.3.4;256 MB ram) except that Word (we have v.X) crashes frequently,often inexplicably but usually when it seems not to be keeping pace with typing.Often-but by no means always-we might have Safari or Mozilla open at the same time.
    Really frustrating,we're having to hit 'Save' almost every sentence.We didn't have this problem before I upgraded from 10.1.5.Can anyone suggest a solution? I've tried trashing Word prefs.Can't afford the upgrade...