Problem installing AirPort Extreme on an 933 MHz iBook G4

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by ralfaro, Jan 5, 2004.

1. ralfaro macrumors newbie

I just bought a new iBook G4 just before the year ended and bought the AirPort card yesterday after deciding buying it on the U.S. and not in Puerto Rico (where I live). When I decided to install the card today, I followed the procedures on the manual and yet when I installed the software and rebooted it the iBook did not recognize the card at all. I re-opened the machine and checked it, tried again and nothing still. Could it have been affected through the security procedures at JFK? Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions? This is a brand new laptop with mainly default settings.

2. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

DOA.

Airport security shouldn't have done anything to it, unless the security goons actually took things out and beat them up/tasered them. (Hey, you never know, that AirPort card may be a terrorist!)

You've probably just got a bad AirPort Extreme card. It happens. Return it and get a new one. (More hardware is dead on arrival than dies in service, that's what my time working for one of the big semiconductor companies taught me.)