Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WannabeSQ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2002
My moms iMac HD died, so we bought her a new 30gb one, and since we already had the Jaguar Family Pack we decided to install it on there. I knew about having OSX on the first 8gb partition, and that part went well (not the first time, jumpers were set to cable select) I got to the instal part, and after taking forever, it says it needs to restart, and nothing. It just starts up from the CD and tries to install again. It never even asked for Disc 2 either with all the language crap or without it. What is up here? Her iMac is a blueberry one, i believe 333mhz, we already upgraded the ram, i forget how much, but enough for X. It wouldnt even boot off the original iMac restore disk (OS 8.6 i think) What am I doing wrong?

MLW

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2002
I recently replaced the HD on my iMac (DV Blueberry) but only reinstalled OS 9.2x. Worked fine for me. Only run X on my iBook.
Read this:
http://www.lowendmac.com/imacs/dv.shtml

page down to the MAC OS X heading and read it. Might give you an idea about what to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.