Problem updating Camino

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by annk, Nov 26, 2006.

1. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

When I try to drag the Camino 1.0.3 into my apps folder, first I'm of course asked if I want to replace my old version, to which I say replace, then I get the message "The action cannot be completed because the item "Contents" is in use.

What on earth is Contents, and how do I close it down?? I don't have a single program running om my Powerbook while trying to do this.

My husband has exactly the same issue. We're both running 10.4.8, and updating from Camino 1.0b1+.

Edit: Ok, I found a way to do it: I moved the old Camino from the apps into a different folder, then dragged the new one into my apps folder. It installed fine, with all my bookmarks intact. I then trashed the old one, and all is well.

But I shouldn't have to go through all that, should I?? My husband had the same problem when trying to upgrade Skype recently.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Hmm... I don't use either app but I wonder if they inadvertently leave a process running when you close them. Next time it happens, try restarting the Mac first. :)

3. annk thread starter Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Yupp, think I'll try that. Wonder why only a couple programs do this, must be some mystery file...:eek: